Thursday, September 28, 2017

Some knitting

 I've begun some Christmas knitting lately.

There are two feather and fan scarves. I made the mistake of starting the second scarf immediately after finishing the first. Mistake! I was so bored with this pattern, which I usually enjoy, that I could hardly wait to cast off the second scarf.

The pattern calls for three repeats of the pattern, and the scarf on the left is done that way. I decided three repeats made for an awfully wide scarf, though, so I did only two repeats for the second scarf. (I've provided a link to a feather and fan pattern above, but I can't say for sure if it's the pattern I used.)

I've also knit three Barley Hats for charity donations. Some police departments in Maine collect handmade hats to give to the homeless. I'll be taking these to an area police department.

The Barley Hat pattern is free and well-written. The link above will take you to the free pattern.

4 comments:

  1. how fun to return to your favorite activity...I like writing and poetry which I do all year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete