Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fair season

I started last week with a root canal procedure on Monday, and things only got worse.

I voted on Tuesday with high hopes of my presidential candidate winning, but we all know how that ended.

On Wednesday I had my annual physical, confessed to two episodes of a "tightness in my chest in the middle of the night," and now face wearing a Holter one day this coming week and also having a stress test. I told my doctor I wish I'd kept my mouth shut. He said he knew that's how I was feeling.

(I suspect my heart is fine, but since my father and one brother died of heart attacks, I know I should err on the side of caution.)




Thursday and Friday I was still grieving the outcome of the elections, but otherwise, those days were fine. Wait a minute: No they weren't! My mouth was still recovering from the root canal. Having a dentist's fist in your mouth, along with various dental equipment, for 1 1/2 hours, leaves a mouth feeling quite assaulted for several days afterwards.




Then came Saturday: Church holiday fair season!

I enjoy attending the fair at St. Anne's Catholic Church in Gorham.

Two of my exercise friends, Ed and Kathy, belong to that church, and Ed assembles and furnishes a doll house for a raffle at the fair each year.

Ed outdid  himself this year. The Victorian doll house was a sight to behold. I bought a raffle ticket, thinking if I won, I'd give the doll house to my friend Lynn for her three grandchildren.

I didn't win.



I did manage to bring home some chocolate fudge for Ken and me, however. Sort of ironic, considering my need for dental work this past week, now that I think about it.



My mouth has recuperated from the root canal.

I'm still working on accepting the election outcome. Accepting, but not supporting.

2 comments:

  1. That fair looks so wonderful. You're right about the doll house. I hope whoever won it appreciates all the love and work that went into it. Today I've finally admitted to myself that I am physically ill about the election. I've not been able to bounce back since election night. I feel incredible sadness now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone no matter who you voted for or didn't is upset about the election results and what may await us as a nation....glad you are feeling better. life goes on.

    ReplyDelete