Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Butternut squash soup


I put my garden to bed last week. It's always a chore I dread, but it never takes as long as my dreading has me believing it will.

I was surprised to discover, as I pulled out overgrown plants and weeds, that this was a banner year for butternut squash.


I love butternut squash cut into chunks, tossed in olive oil with some potato chunks, seasoned, and roasted. Delicious.
But I also love butternut squash soup.

This recipe, from Allrecipes.com, is quick, easy, and excellent.

I mean, if the eleven-year-old who visited us this past weekend absolutely loved it and begged for more, then it has to be good, right?
The ingredients are simple: butternut squash, onion, garlic, chicken stock, a bouillon cube, a few other herbs, and you're done.

Ken gave me a hand-held immersion blender two-three years ago, but I didn't like it at first. It has sat in the cupboard, unused. I decided to give it another chance and have found it works beautifully in blending this soup into creamy deliciousness.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I remember butternut squash soup with such fondness from the one time I was in Maine at autumn time. I also have a new hand held immersion blender. So far I'm not in love with it. You give me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. I will try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete