Hallelujah. The Potter's Shawl is done at last.
There were many hold-ups in getting this shawl off the needles and blocked:
*I bought one skein of yarn, rather than the necessary two, so I had to wait for my sister to come to my house with the second skein in tow. She'd bought a single skein for the same pattern but decided to use a different yarn.
*The attached border, which is knit perpendicular to the body of the shawl, threw me for a loop. I wasted may days trying to figure out how to knit this leaf design, and all of my attempts were wrong. Finally, responses from some Ravelry knitters who had made the shawl, plus a response from the designer herself, Jen Lucas, finally put me onto the right path.
*I ran out of yarn, even with the "required" two skeins! I'm not sure how that happened, but I spent about a week trying to track down one more skein in the same dye lot.
Finally I did what I should have done at the outset: I contacted the yarn shop in Skowhegan where I bought the original yarn. The kindly shop owner promptly mailed an additional skein to me. It arrived Friday, I finished the shawl Friday evening, I blocked it yesterday, and Bam! It's done.
I love the softness and drape of this Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace yarn. (Interesting that it's $13.95/skein at Jimmy Beans Wool; I paid $9.95/skein at Happy Knits.)
Now on to my next knitting project.




And what is that next project going to be? The shawl is beautiful. Now that it's done you can say it was worth the effort you put into it.
ReplyDeleteYou are so totally amazing. That looks absolutely gorgeous and elegant.
ReplyDeletehow lovely, I wore a store bought knitted shawl in coral to church yesterday and it was just the right weight to keep me warm in the AC...
ReplyDeleteOh, my gosh, I love that shawl! I need to get inspired to make my own.
ReplyDelete