Saturday, February 13, 2016

Valentine Party

Today is the annual Valentine party that my A∆K "sisters" and I throw for the residents of a local nursing home.

We look forward to this event every year, because the residents have so much fun.

We play a few rousing games of Bingo, making sure, by hook or by crook, that every resident wins at least two games. We give them prizes when they win: crossword puzzle books, word search books, nail polish, note cards, stamps....
And we feed them. Yes, we definitely ruin their dinners by plying them with punch, cookies, and ice cream topped with strawberries.

I've made my Raspberry Sandwich Hearts. They're an easy recipe and they result in a pretty and tasty cookie.
I've made 22 cookies for 21 residents. To be honest, I hope that one extra cookie becomes mine.





5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you would say this is a simple recipe, it looks tweedly as heck. What a fabulous thing for you ladies to do. Also want to report the popcorn was a smashing success. Thanks for that heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad the popcorn was a success! I thought of you and your grandson yesterday and wondered if the popcorn popped beautifully. I owe you an email and hope to get to it tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. beautiful cookines and a labor or love to cheer up others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good. I hope you got your cookie! How nice that you do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is so hearty :) they look really delicious and nice.

    ReplyDelete