Friday, September 4, 2015

Early September

I finished the shawl that I was knitting with the Uluru yarn "infested" with knots. When all was said and done, I believe I encountered a grand total of ten knots in that one skein of otherwise lovely yarn.

I sent an email to Knitting Fever, the company which makes Uluru, and complained about the yarn. I pointed out that encountering ONE knot in a skein of yarn is disappointing, but TEN knots??? Inexcusable.

I received a nice reply from a company rep saying she was surprised to hear of knots in their Uluru yarn, but they'd like to compensate for that skein by sending me a "gift." I've yet to see it arrive in my mailbox, but perhaps it'll show up one day soon.


The shawl itself is quite beautiful, I think, with its various autumn colors. The pattern I used was Multnomah, one of my favorite shawl patterns.

I didn't make this "Mistletoes" picture. I came across it somewhere and thought it was a clever idea for new parents. I'm sure grandparents would enjoy receiving a framed picture like this as a Christmas gift. All you need is a pair of teeny, tiny feet, some paint, some ribbon, and perhaps some small red bulbs.
My garden is giving its last gasps before tucking it in for the coming winter. I've got tomatoes galore. I've frozen several pints and have now moved on to canning. I hope to finish the canning this weekend.

I also have several green peppers yet to be picked. Ken's cucumbers are still producing like crazy. He hasn't yet dug the potatoes, but it looks as if we'll have plenty to do us this coming year. Last year's potato crop kept us fed through April or May, and he planted more potatoes this year.

So that's that.


2 comments: