Before we get to the owls, a word or two about my Christmas, or maybe they're Thanksgiving, cacti.
They're in bloom already, which is my first concern. Why? Do they know something I don't?
This is actually a photo of two cacti, a hot pink and a white-ish pink.
My second concern, which isn't so much a concern as a puzzle, is that the cactus in the top photo was actually hot pink when I bought it at Sam's Club a few years ago. I remember distinctly that it was hot pink because, while I loved its price, I didn't so much care for the color of the blossoms. Now it blooms red, so I'm happy.
Now the owls. I've been knitting quick little Owl Puffs lately. I like to give little gifts at Christmas to some young children we know, so this year they're getting Owl Puffs. One owl is already winging his way (get it?) to Washington, DC, to a little girl who became a big sister last week. I'm hoping the owl will ease the trauma of no longer being an only child.
The Owl Puffs pattern is free on Ravelry.
Now for my sock. I spotted this wool/nylon yarn at AC Moore a couple of days ago and had to have it. I'm on a self-imposed buy-no-more-yarn diet, true, but sometimes I have to break my own rules. This was one of those times. I love this colorful yarn, and I love wearing wool socks in the winter. Toasty-warm toes, you betcha.
how cute, love your owls and stockings to be...
ReplyDelete