I seem to be having heart problems these days. By heart problems, I mean Valentine heart problems.
Two years ago I made dozens of these little white, pink and red hearts. They were quick and easy, and they made nice little gifts to give a few friends. Those I kept, which is this pile in the photo, I put into a square glass vase each February and let them be my Valentine "decor."
Last year I made a few of these for Valentine's gifts. Per usual, I kept one for myself, too. Ken helped me with the wire that holds the little message; I did the rest. Again, they were fun to create.
But this year I seem to be having heart problems. I can't decide what the design for Valentine's '14 should be.
I've downloaded several free (and not free) crocheted hearts and flowers patterns, dusted off my crochet hook, and had a go at creating something.
But even now, after two weeks of fiddling around with yarn and crochet hooks, and the occasional knitting needle, I'm not satisfied with the results.
I wish I were an artist. Artists, the real ones, not the artist wannabes like myself, know how to use color and design to create something with va-voom.
I'm somewhat pleased with the rose-colored heart in the right-hand corner, the one with the blue, yellow-rose-ish and teal flower. And the pale pink one, just below and to the left of it is OK.
But that big, red heart? Can't for the life of me find three colors that work well together as a flower to adorn it. The green, white, and purple flower perched on it now is only sitting there temporarily as I wait for a brainstorm to strike.
This seems to be a difficult time of year for brainstorms,... for me, anyway.
I think you're being too left brained-they are lovely. Just keep playing around with it...
ReplyDeleteJean, you are so very talented. I'm in awe of everything you create. I love that you're giving away these little jewels to shower everybody with your caring.
ReplyDeleteI think they are all really pretty. This may seem crazy, but have you thought of a light orange and pink? I love my roses that have those three colors in real life.
ReplyDeleteWell....I LOVE the white heart with pink on the heart and pink under it as well. Very intriguing I must admit, but I am sure you will have whipped something pretty up in no time.
ReplyDelete