My mother died four years ago today.I don't care how old a person is when he or she loses their mother, they still miss her.
My mother was just short of her 102nd birthday when she died, so she certainly wasn't cheated out of a good, long life, like some mothers are. For that I'm thankful.
In this photo she's giving a knitting lesson to one of her grand daughters. I've always liked this picture.
How wonderful to have had your Mom around for so long....I lost my Mom when she was only 76 to cancer!!
ReplyDeleteHow neat for the grandchildren and...great grandchildren??...in your family to have had her in there lives!!!
What a wonderful picture, it's priceless. It's true I suppose we never quite get over losing our mothers, although by the time mine died I was praying fervently for her passing.
ReplyDeleteA woman told me one time that the sun never shined quite as bright in her world after her mother died.
102, wow, that's a long time. See what a future you have.
what longevity genes you have. My mom died at age 89. She taught me how to knit right handed even though I'm left handed because she didn't know how to do it that way...
ReplyDeleteOh Jean, what a wonderful photo of your loving Mother. Never met her but I feel I know her through tales that Roberta has shared with me over the years.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. No matter when or why, we all miss our Mothers when they are taken from us.
May Bertie rest in peace.
Wonderful photo of Grammy and Heather. How I miss Grammy so...I was a lucky girl to have such a grandmother, one who taught me so many lessons, life and otherwise...she has always been a hero to me.
ReplyDeleteThis has always been one of my favoite photos, too.
ReplyDelete