Wednesday, September 30, 2009

As promised

While in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago, we walked over to Fisherman's Wharf to explore the shops and view the sights.

I got all excited when I spotted this sea lion sleeping on someone's dock just off Pier 39. I decided I'd better snap a picture of it because it might be the only one I'd see that day.

Then I walked toward the end of the pier....




Whoa. (Double-click to enlarge photo.)

5 comments:

  1. how funny, they look like they are taking over the dock space. We saw quite a few in Newport, Oregon too. Very noisy and sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch them play "king of the mountain". My bassetts play the same silly game. Both species are very entertaining.

    Oh what a wonderful city San Fran is.

    Am "purling" now. Ready for a scarf...perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an incredible photo, especially when you enlarge it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, If you can knit and you can purl, then you're ready for a scarf!

    Lin, Yes, the sea lions are noisy, aren't they? And they just crawl over one another to get to where they're going. I'm amazed that such big, lumbering bodies can actually move quite easily.

    ReplyDelete