Sunday, April 26, 2009

California again

I'm tired of looking at the rhino's butt in my last post, a butt that even a pair of industrial-strength Spanx couldn't rein in , so here are a few more pleasant photos of our recent trip to California. (I love my Spanx, by the way,  and feel unnaturally empowered when I wear them.)

The first is of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse at Cabrillo National Monument, near San Diego. As you can see, we were there on a picture-perfect day.





Next we have, for some reason known only to the dog's owner, a dog wearing a dress on Easter Sunday. This was taken in San Diego in Balboa Park. I could have spent days in Balboa Park. Maybe this dog wears a dress only on Easter Sunday, or maybe she wears one every Sunday, or maybe she wears one every day of the week. I'll never know. Maybe "she" is a "he" and he's a dog in drag. Whatever.






Here's another interesting dog: He is being strapped into a harness just before enjoying a parasailing adventure with his owner at the  LaJolla Cliffs. We had fun watching all the parasailers Easter afternoon, and this dog was one of the most interesting. Obviously Fido had done a lot of parasailing because he was very matter-of-fact about the entire experience. When he came back to earth and got unharnessed, he just trotted off as if every dog does some parasailing now and then. (Double click on the photo so you can see the dog more clearly.)



We spent one day driving the Pacific Coast Highway from Huntington Beach to Dana Point. As you can see, the flowers were in bloom and the sights were spectacular.

So that's a little more of our adventure for you. I, meanwhile, continue to recover from whatever malady I brought home with me from California. Recent stories of the swine flu epidemic are giving me cause to pause....    Oink.  









7 comments:

  1. Heavens, the swine flu? Now that does sound scary! All the photos are so colorful. And the parasailing dog, now that's something I would have liked to have seen. Sounds as if you had a wonderful trip, except for the sneeze incident. And the rhino photo speaks volumes about THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful sights and flowers. we've visited that lighthouse. it's scary about the swine flu...but only time will tell what develops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures and I'm glad you had a nice time! May I say, I agree on the Spanx...couldn't live without them. I think they should be mandatory in every woman's wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... this post has me SO excited. My daughter and I are staying in Mission Valley (a suburb of San Diego) for a week beginning the 17 of May. Just the two of us doing girlie things again. Your photos just got the butterflies that come with extreme anticipation cranked up to what feels more like vampire bats flitting about my insides.

    Beautiful shots!!! I think I need to hear more about your "Spanx". Is that a post I missed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun pictures. I hope you are feeling better soon. I guess maybe I need Spanx too. Do you need the real thing, or will the less expensive version at Target suffice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, in my desperation, apparently, have bought both the gen-u-ine article of Spanx and the Target version. The gen-u-ine article seems to be much better made and more, shall I say, "durable."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shots. Californians must really love their dogs. I'll bet Molly would love to have an Easter dress, too.

    We've got 3 cases of swine flu in Hawaii, too.

    ReplyDelete